Saturday, September 29, 2012

PROJECTS FROM CREATE 2012

Here's my projects from the CREATE Retreat I attended in August.  This was the Shabori class I took.  It's amazing what you can do with a can and some string.  I used Setacolor fabric paints by Pebeo.  I really like these paints.  It's the first time I used them.





I also did Batik with Soy Wax.  That was a real fun class.  I never realized how many marks you can make with everyday items.  Can you guess what they are?



That snowflake looking pattern in the upper right-hand corner is the bottom of one of those plastic strawberry baskets.  I stamped a yard of fabric with that pattern and I'm going to paint it with Cobalt Blue for a great wintery themed fabric.



Below is my fabric from the Create Your Own Fabric class.  These were created with the Setacolor by Pebeo and Silks Acrylic Glaze by LuminArte .


This piece is going to be made into a pillow.

2 comments:

  1. I especially like the third from the bottom photo of the blue/green/yellow fabric that is densely colored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of doing shibori that way, very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete